We like to talk about books that books that should be movies. And we are today talking about the SHATTER ME series. This series just keeps getting better with each book. I don’t know how Tahereh Mafi does it, but she leaves me wanting more each and every time. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love these books. And who would have thought that a series would keep getting better with each book.
Here’s out top reasons why Shatter Me should be a movie…
- Juliette. Seriously, for a leading lady she is bad ass. She doesn’t lose her feminine side, but she is strong and doesn’t take any mans shit. She’s not week. She is strong. I get the comparisons to X-Men, but I can assure you that it’s not X-Men. Juliet is fierce, she is loyal, she is the girl that we all want to be.
- WARNER. Ok, it’s like you want to hate him, but you can’t. The man is evil, but there is a part of him that is just completely misunderstood. He is a good guy deep down, and wants to be loved. Either it be by his Dad, his army, or especially Juliette, he knows that he wants to be something more. He’s misunderstood.
- ADAM. Holy hell, why don’t they make a real one of him. I mean, I read him and I am like googling where can I find myself an Adam. Cause he is pretty damn great. There are no words that can do Adam justice. But for those of you that have read Divergent, I can tell you that he is just as great, if not more awesome then Four.
- The Shower Scene. Enough said.
- The pacing. This story never loses steam. It makes you want to keep turning every page, so I can only imagine what it would be like in the movie.
- You never know that the hell is going to happen next. It’s an edge of the seat page turner and you sometimes have to take a step back and go “Wow, I never saw that one coming. Holy Crap.”
I am telling you if you haven’t read this series, you should go and pick it up. It’s amazing. And Fox, if you’d like to talk about why you need to move forward with this, email me.
In celebration of Tahereh’s release of Unravel Me, and the Beautiful Creatures movie, we are giving away a copy of Beautiful Creatures Movie guide signed by Kami, Margie, Tahereh, Marie Lu, Ransom Riggs, Melissa de La Cruz, and Leigh Bardugo. To win like our Facebook Page, and leave a comment on the post about this story.
You can also win a copy of UNRAVEL ME.