The Reasons why Sam Claflin will Make a Perfect Finnick O’dair »
Sam Claflin has been cast as Finnick O’Dair in Catching Fire. E Online posted some things that we should all know about the reasons he’s the perfect Finnick…
• Claflin’s childhood clearly prepared him for the bloody Panem arena. “My parents bought me this book called Twisted Tales when I was a kid, which is all the fairy tales turned on their heads,” he told E!’s Marc Malkin. “At the end of Cinderella, the prince finds out she’s not a princess…so he chops her head off.”
• He’s said he spent his teens in “one of the roughest schools there is.” And, in the same way that Finnick has a “self-effacing humor,” according to the books, Claflin is down-to-Earth too. When I interviewed him last year, he modestly explained, “I come from the bottom of the ladder. I’m from Norwich. Not many people seem to know about it. It’s that sticky-outy bit over there. You know, in the east.”
Find out exactly how much Jennifer Lawrence is getting for Catching Fire!
• Fans of the books also know that Claflin has a true love, Annie Cresta. Claflin, meanwhile, has a real woman he’s pretty crazy about: fiance Laura Haddock, 26, a British actress who appeared in Captain America: The First Avenger. “Back in London and reunited with @laurajhaddock,” he Tweeted a few days ago after a trip to South Africa. “Happy happy happy. Sun shiny day as well. Good timing. Hope you all have a good one x.”
• And oh: Like career tribute Odair, Claflin has a mentor. “Johnny Depp gave me the best advice,” Claflin told me after costarring with him in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. “He said, ‘Keep your feet on the ground. Stay grounded. Remember where you came from’.”
• Finally, the kid knows from pain. I won’t spoil what happens to Finnick in the Suzanne Collins series, but Claflin does know what it’s like to be knocked out of a competition. Before he became an actor, he wanted to be a pro soccer player, but a busted ankle killed that plan. It’s a loss for the Norwich soccer team, but definitely a gain for Hunger Games fans.
Ok, So KStew Hasn’t been Dropped from Snow White? »
Okay, is she or isn’t she? According to DEADLINE…
Universal Pictures has taken the unusual step of outright denying a Hollywood Reporter story that Kristen Stewart had been dumped from the sequel to Snow White And The Huntsman. The studio issued this statement from Universal Co-Chairman Donna Langley: “We are extremely proud of Snow White And The Huntsman and we’re currently exploring all options to continue the franchise. Any reports that Kristen Stewart has been dropped are false.”
More Pics of Chris Hemsworth Shirtless? »
I know that we posted a shirtless picture of the Huntsman/Thor yesterday, but come on. How am I supposed to resist posting these pictures of Hemsworth surfing that TMZ gave to the world a few days ago? I’m only human; yet these pics display why Hemsworth was chosen to play the god of thunder.
Why isn’t he in Magic Mike? Seriously.
For the latest Marvel movie news, follow @HollyFangirlish
Holy Huntsman! Shirtless Chris Hemsworth makes us SWOON (among other things) »
Cheese and Rice.
The man needs some more acting lessons but boy is he something to look at.
SWATH Sequel? We have a Few Requests… »
Snow White and the Huntsman is getting a sequel? Well, we have some requests. First give Kristen Stewart more lines. There may be some people that like her running around sounding out of breathe and grunting the entire time, but we are not one of them. Second, a shirtless Huntsman. Yes, we are totally saying play up the sexuality card, because let’s face it, HEMSWORTH IS HOT.
The movie opened to a $55 million dollar weekend, and continues to draw people into the box office. Universal, the studio behind the epic movie seems to have green lit the sequel.
According to DEADLINE…
Universal commenced David Koepp to write the sequel script, which Deadline revealed in late April might happen. The studio is now talking with director Rupert Sanders about a return, after he made his feature directing debut on the first installment. Sanders is interested; he had a great time making the first movie.
Well, we have to agree the movie was shot beautifully. The costumes were amazing. But ummm ya… as for the rest… no comment.