We like to talk about books that books that should be movies. And we are today talking about the SHATTER ME series. This series just keeps getting better with each book. I don’t know how Tahereh Mafi does it, but she leaves me wanting more each and every time. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love these books. And who would have thought that a series would keep getting better with each book.
Here’s out top reasons why Shatter Me should be a movie…
- Juliette. Seriously, for a leading lady she is bad ass. She doesn’t lose her feminine side, but she is strong and doesn’t take any mans shit. She’s not week. She is strong. I get the comparisons to X-Men, but I can assure you that it’s not X-Men. Juliet is fierce, she is loyal, she is the girl that we all want to be.
- WARNER. Ok, it’s like you want to hate him, but you can’t. The man is evil, but there is a part of him that is just completely misunderstood. He is a good guy deep down, and wants to be loved. Either it be by his Dad, his army, or especially Juliette, he knows that he wants to be something more. He’s misunderstood.
- ADAM. Holy hell, why don’t they make a real one of him. I mean, I read him and I am like googling where can I find myself an Adam. Cause he is pretty damn great. There are no words that can do Adam justice. But for those of you that have read Divergent, I can tell you that he is just as great, if not more awesome then Four.
- The Shower Scene. Enough said.
- The pacing. This story never loses steam. It makes you want to keep turning every page, so I can only imagine what it would be like in the movie.
- You never know that the hell is going to happen next. It’s an edge of the seat page turner and you sometimes have to take a step back and go “Wow, I never saw that one coming. Holy Crap.”
I am telling you if you haven’t read this series, you should go and pick it up. It’s amazing. And Fox, if you’d like to talk about why you need to move forward with this, email me.
In celebration of Tahereh’s release of Unravel Me, and the Beautiful Creatures movie, we are giving away a copy of Beautiful Creatures Movie guide signed by Kami, Margie, Tahereh, Marie Lu, Ransom Riggs, Melissa de La Cruz, and Leigh Bardugo. To win like our Facebook Page, and leave a comment on the post about this story.
You can also win a copy of UNRAVEL ME.
We want to send a big CONGRATULATIONS out to Tahereh Mafi! She broke onto the series list! That’s so amazing and if you haven’t picked up Unravel Me you should! And in celebration of her making the list, we are giving away THREE FINISHED COPIES of UNRAVEL ME!!!
This series is amazing and a must read.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
soo cool: the SHATTER ME ebook (kindle + nook) is available [only this weekend] for $3.99. (anddd DESTROY ME is $2.99!) http://t.co/FoeydT0Q
Get to buying Shatter Me people! It’s on sale!
It’s exactly two weeks from today that Comic Con in San Diego will begin and we couldn’t be happier to be there. Especially with Tahereh Mafi (‘Shatter Me’) and other fantabulous authors coming to do some book signings and talk on a HUGE panel!
On Saturday, July 14th:
Dark Days In-Booth Signing – 3:30PM-4:30PM, HarperCollins Booths 1017, 1019,
1021 Featuring Aprilynne Pike (Destined (WINGS), Dan Wells (Partials), and S.J. Kincaid (Insignia)
7:00PM – 8:00PM, Room: 9
What’s New at Harper Voyager and HarperTeen will feature special appearances by Kiersten White (ENDLESSLY), Tahereh Mafi (SHATTER ME), and Dan Wells (PARTIALS).
On Sunday, July 15th:
12:00PM – 1:00PM, Room 25ABC
Panel: What’s Hot in YA
1. Kami Garcia (Beautiful Creatures series)
2. Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me)
3. Lish McBride (Necromancing The Stone)
4. Leigh Bardugo (Shadow and Bone)
5. Melina Marchetta (The Lumatere Chronicles)
6. Myra McEntire (Hourglass series)
7. James Dashner (The Maze Runner series)
8. Scott Westerfeld (Uglies)
9. Moderator: Nathan Bransford (Jacob Wonderbar series)
Note: Veronica Rossi (Under the Never Sky) is not appearing on the panel, but will appear at the post-panel signing in the autographing area.
OH MY GAHHHHHHH. So pretty.
Check out the synopsis below for ‘Destroy Me’:
In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .
Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.
Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.
‘Destroy Me’ is set to debut on October 2, 2012 wherever you can get your hands on this ebook.
CAN I JUST TELL YOU GUYS HOW MUCH I LOVE WARNER? Yes, as much as I like the shower scene(s) with Adam… Warner is just so… Warner.
So much love. You have NO idea.